The Sigil Approacheth

sig2-5x8.cover-900x600I can announce that Siege of Stars, the first volume of my SF epic The Sigil, will be published this Friday (31 August) as an eBook, and on 4 September in print. And, while you are waiting for that toothsome event, here, hot of the proverbial, is the cover for the second book, Scourge of Stars. The artist really gets that I like pyramids. That’ll be released a little while after Siege, and will be swiftly followed by the concluding book Rage Of Stars, pursued by a bear.

This entry was posted in Science Fiction, Writing & Reading and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The Sigil Approacheth

1. John Gilbey says:

“…pursued by a bear”… Prof Trellis is pondering whether that would be Greg Bear, by any chance?

Professor Trellis is most astute. I was however thinking about the Shakespearean variety.

2. And a cover endorsement by… Michael Moorcock.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :)

I know. I must pinch myself. I am not worthy, etc., etc., this is the chap whose Hawkmoon chronicles illuminated my teenage years.

3. Alejandro says:

Congratulation Cromacrox, excellent, you could do a Spanish translation is easier to anyone like me!

That’s an idea. I shall ask the publisher.

• alejandro says:

Yes very much chilean people and latinoamerican like CF and don’t speak english language

• John the Plumber says:

And there’s them in Bacup Lancashire don’t speak english either tha knows.

• alejandro says:

Lo que pasa que en Chile y el resto de Latinoamerica hablamos y leemos español no se si te queda claro Juan el plomero.

• Bob O'H says:

Hopefully I’ll have my Kindle in hand by then. It arrived over a week ago, but is presently stuck in our mailbox, waiting for us to get a new key, after we lost the old one.

Once I’ve got said Kindle, I’ll deinitely buy the ebook of the dead tree book of the twisted imagination.

• Alejandro says:

Bueno ahem, excepto Brasil que habla portugués.

4. Well done on both book and blurbage, Cromercrox! A hearty congratulations in advance of the due date for this latest bookish child.

• John the Plumber says:

Hello Michael – I used to live on a farm in Bacup, waking each morning to gaze on Broadclough Dyke, a mile long, wide and deep enough to lose a house. – Newbigging, refering to Baines History of Lancashire I think, putting forward a relationship to the battle of Brunanburgh. – My interest is ancient tracks – dare I say leys. – My research over forty years reckons that two long distance tracks, motorway long, intersect at the north end of the dyke, one of them in part running the length. One track, via the Nick of Pendle, crosses the Ribble at Brungerley Bridge. My simple logic says the track is ancient – named before bridge or anything else – certainly before towns – thus the Brun or Brunger line track or ley – and so Brungerley ford on the Ribble – being the main river the Brun line crossed. Make what you will of that. – It just amases me that no real investigation has ever been carried out at Broudclough Dyke, whatever it was, or for – but then who’s heard of Bacup?

Sorry to go off topic Henry – your new book with the wondrous cast, plot, and pyramid, fully glued in all pages – but its really is time you moved on from Sigils and Beowulf – to Athelstan – he had a bigger axe apparently. Do Sigils have axes?

By the way Michael – why not go for the big one – the site of Brigantium?

• The Burnley-area theory for Brunanburh is the one I most wanted to work when I started putting the book together, John. I have a lot of notes to that end! The trouble is we can’t quite get it to fit a lot of the facts, especially etymologically. Seems like it ought to be easy — you’ve got the River Brun, after all — but it isn’t so simple once you get into the nitty gritty linguistics of the matter. The Bromborough-area theory is the tightest fit at present.

Regardless of whether it can be connected to Athelstan’s great battle, though, Broadclough Dyke is a fascinating feature in the landscape. Like so much else in that area, it needs further study. I’m jealous of those walks!

Brigantium? Definitely not this year. My next casebook is on Owain Glyndwr, so I’m searching for Mynnydd Hyddgen. :)

What I want to know is where Mons Badonicus was.

• John the Plumber says:

Showing my ignorance, I thought at first you’d made that up Henry – but no – a Celtic war correspondent, one Dudley C Tennant, sat in the middle of the battle of Mons Badonicus and drew a really nice sketch of it.

• John the Plumber says:

The coincidences are spooky. I breed Welsh Cobs. Welshmen love the poetry of history in their horses. One of the most knowledgeable in this field is Dr Wynne Davies MBE of the Ceulan Stud – you could do worse than look him up and give him a ring – tell him John Somerwill of Pwceffyl Stud suggested he might have an interest in Owain Glyndwr.

Thanks all. And, well, books are rather like children. You feed, clothe and clean them, teach them what you hope are good lessons for life, then throw them out to fend for themselves.

6. Bob O'H says:

OK, my Kindle arrived todaxy (or rather the mailox key arrived). But now I find I have to navigate PayPal, who I haven’t used for a year, after they made it impossible to update my account. I’m trying again, but I don’t hold out much hope. Is there another way of buying the eVersion of the eBook?

I guess I could use The Beast’s email account to set up a new PayPal account, but I don’t want 40 kg of cat food and 3 parrot traps turning up in the post.

7. Pingback: Booked | Reciprocal Space