is an author, editor and recovering palaeontologist who lives in Cromer, Norfolk, England, with his family and numerous pets. His next book, A (Very) Short History of Life on Earth, will be published by Picador. His recreations include writing, making music, beachcombing, supporting Norwich City FC, and falling asleep. For all bookish inquiries please contact Jill Grinberg Literary Management.
This is a personal weblog. The views and opinions expressed here and in the comments do not necessarily reflect those of my employer and should not be read as such.
Amazon Author Page
- achey face
- a very short history of life on earth
- baroque trumpets
- down house
- early nineteenth-century Herefordshire grummet-tinker’s scrode
- late eighteenth-century Shropshire grummet-tinker’s scrode
- late nineteenth-century Gloucestershire grummet-tinker’s scrode
- Linnean Society of London
- nadgering iron
- posh frocks
- Priscilla Queen of the Desert
- sore feet
- sore hands