Smile through the tears

Is this supposed to cheer you up while you chop onions with your eyes streaming?

It certainly cheered me up no end while grocery shopping!

Thank you, Nesters Market on Main Street, for making my day today!

About Cath@VWXYNot?

"one of the sillier science bloggers [...] I thought I should give a warning to the more staid members of the community." - Bob O'Hara, December 2010
This entry was posted in food glorious food, photos, silliness. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Smile through the tears

1. Ricardipus says:

At least you didn't run into *this* at your local groceteria:http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardipus/3755672300/Ew.

2. EcoGeoFemme says:

They're like crispy little jack-o-lanterns!

3. pika says:

Brilliant! 🙂

4. Cath@VWXYNot? says:

Ricardipus – yikes! I do hope you passed on that offer. During the avian flu scare a few years ago, my local organic food co-op had a sign up advertising "avian-free chicken", which I thought was an interesting feat of genetic engineering. Sadly this was in those benighted pre-iPhone days, so I have no photographic evidence.EGF, and oh so cute!Pika, I LOLed! When I got my phone out to take a photo, a couple of people gave me weird looks, but then when they saw the onions, they started grinning too.

5. Anthony Fejes says:

Oh Geez, I'd feel like I'm killing the little creatures as I cook them up.

6. Cath@VWXYNot? says:

Hi Anthony, thanks for clicking over to this blog!I guess you could lift the skin off intact before you start chopping…?

7. Unbalanced Reaction says:

The one with the giant tooth is freaking me out a bit. I'd have bought the happy ones, certainly. 🙂

8. Ricardipus says:

I guess you could lift the skin off intact before you start chopping…? There's something very Hannibal Lecter about that idea…

9. Cath@VWXYNot? says:

UR, aww, he's just a big goofball!I didn't need onions, but if I had, I'm not sure if I would have bought one of the decorated ones, or taken a plain one to leave the display intact!Ricardipus, there is indeed, but surely it's better than slicing directly into the face?

10. Anonymous says:

The Scotsman in me is appalled that I'd have to waste at least one perfectly good outer layer on those onions.-antipodean

11. Hermitage says:

Hmm, that's one way to indulge your inner serial killer..

12. Cath@VWXYNot? says:

Antipodean, you might be able to get a Miserable Scotsman discount if you ask nicely!Hi Hermy, nice to see you! I imagine that making onion soup could become very, um, therapeutic, depending on who you're imagining the onions to be.

13. Anonymous says:

I'm no payin' for the weight o' paper under that haddock!(the plaintiff actually won that case and fishmongers and others have to zero out the scales after placing the container on them- even when the container is an A4 sheet of newsprint)-antipodean

14. Cath@VWXYNot? says: