My sister-in-law got me a “puzzle of the day” desk calendar for Christmas. She apologised profusely for not getting me anything “better” (by which she meant “more expensive”), but honestly it’s one of the best presents I got! Some of the puzzles are dumb, but lots of them are really fun, and just occasionally there’s a science or maths themed entry that provides me with excellent blog fodder.
This one’s a set of geometry-related anagrams, perfect for a Friday quiz for my readers!
- ALARM GALLOPER is PARALLELOGRAM (PIKA)
- BARLEY HOP is HYPERBOLA (BOB)
- EARTH RODENT is TETRAHEDRON (BOB)
- GREY TIN MOTOR is TRIGONOMETRY (ARINK)
- HOP DEARLY is POLYHEDRA (SILVER FOX)
- NUCLEAR DIPPER is PERPENDICULAR (PIKA)
- PRIME TREE is PERIMETER (PIKA)
- READ TIME is DIAMETER (ARINK)
- RELATE QUAIL is EQUILATERAL (ARINK)
- SEES COILS is ISOSCELES (BOB)
- TO SCRIBE is BISECTOR (PIKA)
- UPSET HONEY is HYPOTENUSE (BOB)
Answer in the comments – but please submit only one answer per person per hour, to give as many people as possible a chance to play before Bob attempts to sweep the board like he did last time. Oh, and there’s no need to answer in the right order – choose any anagram you like!
I’ll update the post with the answers and bragging rights as and when I get time, and I’ll add clues if there are any unanswered questions after a day or two.