It’s time for another quiz taken from my puzzle of the day desk calendar! I think I’m going to have to buy myself another calendar next year if Santa doesn’t bring me one; it’s provided some really fun blogging experiences. (Either that or I’m going to have to make up my own quizzes, which sounds too much like hard work).
This time the aim is to fill in the missing middle word on each line, so that the first two words AND the last two words of each set form a scientific(ish) term. As a non-sciency example, fill in the gap below
GREEN ________ BAG
with the word TEA, to form the terms GREEN TEA and TEA BAG.
As before, answer in the comments in any order you like - but please submit only one answer per person per hour, to give as many people as possible a chance to play!
- DRY __ICE__ AGE (Lisbeth)
- STROBE _LIGHT_ WAVE (Pika)
- BINARY __STAR__ FISH (Alyssa)
- FOOD _CHAIN_ REACTION (Bob)
- HEAVY _WATER_ TABLE (Anonymous)
- PERPETUAL _MOTION_ SICKNESS (Mermaid)
- CLEAN __ROOM__ TEMPERATURE (Chall)
- FUEL __CELL__ DIVISION (Schlupp)
- COMMON __COLD__ FUSION (Pika)
- LAND __MASS__ SPECTROMETER (Alyssa)
I got all but one of the answers. Let’s just say that I came up with some fairly ridiculous guesses (binary cat? Code fish?) out of desperation, and felt rather silly when I saw the answer!
I’ll update the post with the answers and bragging rights as and when I get time, and I’ll add clues if there are any unanswered questions after a day or two.