The plan is to add at least one new item every time I tick one off!
- Write at least one book (and get it published)
- Run for political office (and preferably win)
- Own a boat large enough to sleep at least four people
- Work for myself, or at least as a freelancer
- Own a dog, preferably one that likes boats (and cats)
- Visit Africa. Preferably Tanzania; a doctor friend of mine has spent some time there and raves about how wonderful it is
- Visit the Canadian Arctic
- Visit Antarctica
- Visit Atlin, BC, where Mr E Man spent the first few years of his life. I’ve seen the family photos. It looks stunning.
- Visit New Zealand
- Kayak Haida Gwaii
- Kayak the Galapagos
Waleswhales from a kayak and/or from my hypothetical boat
- See great apes in the wild before they go extinct, if it is possible to do so without further endangering them. First choice
a sasquatchorangs, then gorillas, bonobos, and finally chimps (which are still totes awesome even if they are my last choice)
- See a Canucks game in another city, preferably during the playoffs
- See an England game in the football or (preferably) rugby world cup (I’ve already seen Scotland get destroyed by South Africa in the rugby world cup at Murrayfield)
- Go into space, if it is possible to do so without bankrupting myself or the climate
- As a consolation prize for probably never going into space, fly first class on Virgin. Apparently you get free manicures and shoulder massages in your seat
- Ski a black diamond run with style and grace and without whimpering, all previous attempts having been the opposite
- Do a bobsled run
Easy peasy, right? I already own a nautical compass… I’ll buy that boat piece by piece if I have to!
- Build a personal website that can function as an online bio, writing portfolio, and general purpose landing page for new contacts who are likely to be put off by some of the sillier content of my blog and Twitter feed
- Use said website in emails to my federal member of parliament and municipal government representatives inquiring about volunteering opportunities
- Volunteer for my federal MP and/or municipal government representatives
- Be more assertive at work, especially when it comes to protecting my weekends (and my sanity!)
- Write at least a first draft of a book proposal
- And a short story
- Do something new, scary, and/or challenging (along the lines of Vancouver Change Camp or a new outdoor activity) at least once a month
- Write and snail mail at least one proper letter per month to a friend or relative
That should be enough to keep me busy for a while!
You should all resolve to VOTE for your favourite comment of 2011. Just 2 days left before the polls close!
Happy New Year to you and yours!